Tooth Coloured or White Fillings
At Glo dental we use the latest products and materials to restore teeth and do not use amalgam or silver filling materials. Amalgam fillings were very useful in their time but they came with the problems of weakening teeth causing cracks, and being aesthetically unappealing. White fillings are tooth coloured materials like composite resin and ceramic / porcelain, and hence are more aesthetically pleasing. White fillings offer several other advantages over amalgams or silver fillings:
- White fillings are strong, safe and natural looking
- Different shades can be blended to create a colour that is nearly identical to your own tooth colour, hence making white fillings an ideal choice for front teeth.
- White fillings can be used for cosmetic smile alterations like changing the colour or shape of teeth
- White fillings cause less hot/cold sensitivity after placement
- White fillings are usually smaller in size, hence your tooth structure is preserved
- White fillings do not cause your tooth structure to weaken, hence long term problems are avoided
It is easy to remove your old amalgam fillings and replace them with white restorations such as fillings, crowns and veneers; and you can have that beautiful smile you deserve!
Get In Touch With Us
At glo Dental, we strive to give you a healthy smile
At glo Dental we do things differently. We listen, we care about you and we feel that our job goes beyond just analyzing your oral cavity and prescribing a suitable course of treatment. We believe that it’s essential to understand the needs and requirements of every patient and to establish a flow of communication by interacting with them not merely as their dentists, but also as someone who is willing to take into consideration each person’s viewpoint. If you are looking for a Cockburn Central dentist, get in touch today!