Wisdom Teeth Extraction
A wisdom tooth is extracted to correct an actual problem or to prevent problems that may come up in the future. Some of the problems that can occur when wisdom teeth come in are:
- Your jaw may not be large enough for them, and they may become impacted (stuck) and unable to break through your gums.
- Your wisdom teeth may break partway through your gums, causing a flap of gum tissue to grow over them. Food and germs can get trapped under the flap and cause your gums to become red, swollen, and painful. These are signs of infection.
- More serious problems can develop from impacted teeth, such as infection, damage to other teeth and bone, or a cyst.
- One or more of your wisdom teeth may come in at an awkward angle, with the top of the tooth facing forward, backward, or to either side.
- At your consultation appointment, we will discuss the presentation of your wisdom teeth with you based on your x-rays and accordingly advise any treatment.
Wisdom teeth extractions can be performed at Glo Dental with our highly experienced surgeon and you can choose to have this treatment done under Intravenous(IV) Sedation (Sleep Dentistry (hyperlinked please)) with our extremely capable anaesthetist.
Get In Touch With Us
At glo Dental, we strive to give you a healthy smile
At glo Dental we do things differently. We listen, we care about you and we feel that our job goes beyond just analyzing your oral cavity and prescribing a suitable course of treatment. We believe that it’s essential to understand the needs and requirements of every patient and to establish a flow of communication by interacting with them not merely as their dentists, but also as someone who is willing to take into consideration each person’s viewpoint. If you are looking for a Cockburn Central dentist, get in touch today!